Six Factor Personality Questionnaire (SFPQ)
The Six Factor Personality Questionnaire (SFPQ) was developed in 2000 by Douglas N. Jackson, Ph.D., Sampo V. Paunonen, Ph.D., and Paul F. Tremblay, Ph.D. This assessment measures 6 broad dimensions and 18 facets of normal personality. The SFPQ is unique in that it encompasses and extends the popular Big 5 factors of personality with an improved model of Conscientiousness. Industriousness and Methodicalness are two distinct, but related facets of Conscientiousness that account for unique nuances in the prediction of certain behaviors and performance. The distinction between them ensures clarity and accuracy in personality prediction. The SFPQ avoids the use of clinical scales such as Neuroticism.
The SFPQ measures: Agreeableness (Abasement, Even-Tempered, Good-Natured), Extroversion (Affiliation, Dominance, Exhibition), Independence (Autonomy, Individualism, Self-Reliance), Industriousness (Achievement, Seriousness, Endurance), Methodicalness (Cognitive Structure, Deliberateness, Order), Openness to Experience (Change, Understanding, Breadth of Interest).
- A fully-rounded picture of the whole individual
- Unique nuances in the prediction of certain behaviors and performance
- A reliable and valid measure of normal adult personality
- Minimal correlation with desirability, suppression of a job candidate’s tendency to answer in a way that “sounds good”
- Business- and industry-focused assessment of personality for use in the workplace
- Personnel selection and development, coaching and career counselling, team development
The SFPQ is a reliable and valid measure of normal adult personality. It is not designed to focus on character flaws, deviance, or maladjustment. The SFPQ has greater predictive power than traditional Big 5 measures. The assessment helps to select employees with the optimal personality profile for the role; to assist with counseling and career guidance; to understand working relationships and team dynamics; to conduct research in a wide variety of contexts; to develop self-awareness.
Start Your Free Test
No card needed
Or reach out to us to in-build the Personality Testing Platform into your corporate website